Sunday, August 18, 2013

Homemade Egg Replacer


Isn't it wonderful to do your own egg replacer ? You could save some dollars in here. I had done some research online finding homemade egg replacer and found one in the Internet , I had made some quantity changes in it .


 
I am not a big fan of egg replacers  and no body at home has any allergies but I had to use egg replacer for a recipe ,so I thought let me buy one . When I went to the store I didn't find it there. That's the point I thought I'll make it from scratch .
 



The egg replacer has Potato Starch , Tapioca Starch , Baking powder , Baking Soda in it . When I went to the Asian market I bought some tapioca's and Potatoes.   I made both the starches from scratch at home . It took some time making them and drying the starches. ( You could buy the starches from store ) But I preferred making them :) .
 
Il make a another post on how to make tapioca starch and potato starch.

 
 
Recipe for the Homemade Egg Replacer:
 



Method :

  • Mix all the ingredients together .
  • Once it is combined well store it in the air tight container.


 
Notes:

  • For 1 egg , use 1 rounded 1/2 TBL egg replacer powder and 2 TBL water.

  • For egg yolks , use 1 rounded 1/2 TBL egg replacer powder with 1 TBL water.

  • What ever you are making with the egg replacer should go into the oven as soon as it has been mixed . The longer you wait it loses its effectiveness.

  • Tapioca starch can be substituted with cornstarch or arrowroot starch .
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. very very useful post dear :) will try to get the ingredients soon and give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic egg replacer, thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi thanks for sharing egg replacer recipe as in Nigeria we don't get Ener G. Had one query can I substitute potato powder with potato starch as mentioned in your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Briju potato powder and potato starch are two different things . I am yet to post home made potato starch recipe .You can find them in any asian chinese stores / korean markets .Hope that helps .you can check this http://www.foodallergyqueen.com/2009/04/potato-starch-vs-potato-flour.html?m=1 ..

      Delete
  4. Wow.. This is a very useful post ... :) Egg replacer made at home! :) Glad to be at your place and very happy to follow you!

    ReplyDelete